Rev. T. G. Crump commenced holding Episcopal services in the Masonic Hall in Litchfield in July 1870.
At the time of the morning service on Sunday the 5th, and 12th, days, of March 1871 notice was publicly given for a meeting of the male members of the Protestant Episcopal Church and congregation to be held in the Masonic Hall in Litchfield Saturday evening the 18th day of March A. D. 1871.
Rev. T. G. Crump presided at such meeting and D. E. Potter was chosen secretary.
A permanent organization was had, the following persons were elected church wardens and vestry men.
J. C. Braden Sr. Warden, C. H. Strobeck Jr Warden. Vestry-D. E. Potter, G. H. Chapman, H. G. Rising, J. M. Mitchell, B. O. Esping, W. S. Brill and J. M. Waldron Rev. T. G. Crump, Rector.
Four of the seven first vestrymen are now gone from the county.
Present Wardens and Vestry, James C. Braden, Chas. H. Strobeck, Wardens, N. A. Viren, S. H. Wood, P. Ekstrom, F. E Bissel, W. S. Brill. S. A. Plumley, Vestry. H. Stevens, Treas. J. H. Morris Sec.
The lots on which the Rectory now stands were the gift of Herman Trott Esq. Land Commissioner, and other parties connected with the. St. Paul & Pacific Rail Road Company. The lots on which the church edifice and parish school house stand were the gift of J. C. Braden.
Mrs Ellen Auchmuty of New York gave $4000. toward the erection of the church edifice and Mrs. E. D. Litchfield of London England gave $2.000. No other Episcopal church organization has ever been perfected in the county.