Episcopal Church

Red River Valley title page vol 2

Biography of Benjamin F. Mackall of Moorehead Minnesota

Benjamin F. Mackall, a prominent figure in Moorhead, Minnesota, has been involved in the drug business since the pioneer days of the 1870s. He established himself as the leading pharmacist in Moorhead and has remained a continuous resident, actively contributing to the community. Serving in various civic roles, including treasurer of the village and auditor of Clay County, Mackall has played an important part in the town’s development. In addition, he has been deeply involved in religious matters, being a senior warden and lay reader in local churches. With refined tastes and high principles, he is respected as a gentleman of the old school.

Biography of Benjamin F. Mackall of Moorehead Minnesota Read More »

Red River Valley title page vol 2

Biography of W. H. Davy of Moorhead, Minnesota

W. H. Davy, a prominent capitalist and mayor of Moorhead, Minnesota, was born and educated in Bath, Ontario, Canada. After a brief stint in the grocery business in Chicago, he moved to Duluth, Minnesota, in 1869 and then settled in Moorhead in 1873. Initially employed as a bookkeeper, Davy later co-founded Linwood & Davy, a grocery business. He transitioned to the grain and real estate sectors in 1889, focusing solely on real estate by 1898. Davy held several civic roles, including chairman of the Board of County Commissioners and vice-president of the First National Bank of Moorhead. He also invested in telephone companies and lumbering interests. An Episcopalian, Davy is known for his community contributions.

Biography of W. H. Davy of Moorhead, Minnesota Read More »

A random historical sketch of Meeker County, Minnesota title page

Protestant Episcopal Church

Rev. T. G. Crump commenced holding Episcopal services in the Masonic Hall in Litchfield in July 1870. At the time of the morning service on Sunday the 5th, and 12th, days, of March 1871 notice was publicly given for a meeting of the male members of the Protestant Episcopal Church and congregation to be held in the Masonic Hall in Litchfield Saturday evening the 18th day of March A. D. 1871. Rev. T. G. Crump presided at such meeting and D. E. Potter was chosen secretary. A permanent organization was had, the following persons were elected church wardens and vestry

Protestant Episcopal Church Read More »

Pin It on Pinterest

Scroll to Top