Dassel

AHGP - American History and Genealogy

About the Author

Oscar E. Linquist was born in the town of Dassel, April 6, 1874, son of Andrew* and Mary Linquist. He was educated in the Dassel Public Schools, Emanuel Academy, Curtiss Commercial College. Operated a job printing office in Dassel for several years, then employed in various business places until appointed postmaster of Dassel in 1897, serving until 1915. With the Wm. A. Linquist Piano Co., 1916 to 1919. Operated a restaurant and confectionery, 1920 to 1924. Again appointed postmaster in 1925 and in that position until 1934. He was Village Recorder in 1901 and 1902. A member of the Village …

About the Author Read More »

Automobiles, Baseball and Schools

Fred Rudberg owned Dassel’s first automobile and that was in 1904, was called the Rambler, and named after a bicycle of the same name. This car is now the Nash. Since that eventful year, nearly every family owns a car, so parking space on our streets is sometimes difficult to find. The national game of baseball has been played in Dassel since 1880 and during that time seven different baseball grounds have been occupied but the present ground’s have been in use forty-two years. Dassel’s first schoolhouse was built in 1870 at a cost of $625 and a three months …

Automobiles, Baseball and Schools Read More »

Pin It on Pinterest

Scroll to Top